Monday, August 23, 2010

My new swaps!

Welcome, thanks for stopping by!  My new swaps were finally shipped out the door and here they are!!!  Now they may look a bit familiar, but I cased myself from the same swap last year because I really liked the layout!!  I also took the ice cream parlor awning and turned it into a curtain valance. 


Stamp Sets:
* Greeting Card Kids
* Scenic Season

Techniques:
* Brayering
* Masking

Cardstocks:
* Whisper White
* Early Espresso
* Baja Breeze

Ink Pads:
* Stazon Black (Girl)
* Early Espresso (Trees)
* Real Red (Greeting)
* Baja Breeze (Skyline)

Markers:
* Marina Mist
* Wild Wasabi
* Real Red
* Daffodil Delight


Accessories:
* Brayer (skyline)
* White Gel Pen (snow)
* Punch
* Scallop Trim Corner
* Big Shot
* Textured Impressions - Vintage Wallpaper
* Vanilla Shimmer Smooch (all over for snow) & Color Catcher
* Frost White Shimmer Paint (dress trim)
* 5/8" Grosgrain Real Red Ribbon
* 1/8" Taffeta Marina Mist Ribbon
* Dimensionals
* Mini Glue Dots
* Grid Paper
* 1 1/4" Circle Punch
* NSU - Post-it Notes

General steps below, I can post up more detailed steps/dimensions later if anyone is interested.
  1. Mask the moon & tree line then brayer skyline - I went to Michelle Zindorf's brayering classes - so awesome and I wanted to incorporate it some how!!
  2. Stamped the trees, added snow with white gel pen
  3. Spray the shimmer smooch in the color catcher
  4. Stamped the girl in the very bottom left corner - love clear mount!!
  5. Colored the girl and used a tiny paint brush to apply shimmer paint to trim - let dry!!
  6. Cut into quarters
  7. Punched holes for her ribbon scarf and looped it through
  8. Stamp greeting on the bottom right corner piece (again love clear mount, I cut my greeting in half and mounted them on the same block in the format I needed)
  9. Added folded ribbon to back of the bottom right corner piece
  10. Mounted on to Early Espresso layer using dimensionals
  11. Embossed Early Espresso strip, punch, cut to size, score, mount on card layer
  12. Mounted to Marina Mist
  13. Voila! :)

To make it easier for myself, I had drawn up some guides on my Grid Paper.


1) This is most of it, shows my top part indicates my marking spots and also where I did so much brayering for the swap that it ultimately ripped through.  The bottom part is where I stamped, and the right had my cutting notes.




2) Close up of the brayer / masking section.






3) My stamping section where I had my cut lines marked so I could get the tree into a bit of the bottom left panel but leave enough room for the girl's head.




4) This shows where I even draw lines for where my white CS and clear block would go.



I hope you enjoyed this post and my first (of hopefully many) creation in quite awhile.  I am considering making more of these for the Baltimore Regional swap - if you are going and would be interested, let me know.  

6 comments:

Julie said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for a very descriptive How To.

Rose said...

WOW your card is beautiful, Hallmark wishes they were you.

Jonia said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

craftystamper said...

What a beautiful and creative card. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Susan J Elston said...

Lovely card! You did an awsome job discribing your technique. I look forward too more in the future. Thanks, Susan.

Anonymous said...

i love this card thank you for sharing i just order this set cant wait to play with it.

www.melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com